Photo Credit: CNBC
August 4, 1961, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. After serving as a senator for Illinois, he was elected 44th President of the United States and served from 2009 to 2017. Obama was the first African American elected President of the United States in history. He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts during the first year of his presidency.
From his rendition of Jingle Bells to the infamous 'Obama out', there's a reason he was often referred to as the "coolest President". Not only was he fly in a tan suit, could belt out a lil Al Green, or boo loving on our Forever First Lady, Barry is also one of the greatest presidential orators in modern history. His knack for public speaking can be summed up in some of his most inspirational quotes. Check them out below.
Photo Credit: Free Press Journal
1. “We are the ones we’ve been waiting for.” – Barack Obama
2. “The thing about Hip-Hop today is it’s smart, it’s insightful. The way they can communicate a complex message in a very short space is remarkable.” – Barack Obama
3. Be conscious of God and speak always the truth. – Barack Obama
4. “Americans still believe in an America where anything’s possible – they just don’t think their leaders do.” – Barack Obama
5. “You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you." – Barack Obama
6. “Hope is the bedrock of this nation; the belief that our destiny will not be written for us, but by